Legal and Compliance Manager
Legal and Compliance Manager is a member of the key staff executing important roles to keep the Company compliant with all regulatory requirements. S/he will be responsible for implementing the compliance-related matters, as well as assisting others to comply with all policies and procedures. The person involved must have skills in legal-related background, and in proactively preventive anticipations and controls.
- Facilitate departments towards implementation of compliance management framework.
- Identify, prepare and administer list of laws and regulatory documents.
- Assess legal implications that need to be brought to the attention.
- Compile and update the compliance obligations/database to ensure compliance with relevant Laws, Prakas, directives and guidelines issued by the regulatory bodies.
- Follow up with individual departments for completion of compliance obligations.
- Assess the compliance risk with the Company to ensure those are appropriately identified, evaluated and reported.
- Prepare monthly compliance report for reviews and/or approval.
- Review internal policies or procedures or other governing documents for legal compliance and contradictory clauses.
- Review contractual agreements for legal advice/opinions and compliance-related matters.
- Formulate and provide employees training session on legal and compliance matters.
- Draft/review/translate letters/agreements/contracts with vendors and partners as assigned.
- Perform daily operational assignments of Risk and Compliance Department as outlined in the policies and procedures.
- Perform some administrative tasks in the Risk and Compliance Department.
- Dealing with problems involving multiple variables in somewhat non-standardized or non-routine situations.
- Execute other duties as assign by Line Manager.
REQUIRED SKILL AND EXPERIENCES:
- A minimum university degree in banking/finance or laws.
- At least 2-year experiences in Legal and/or Compliance field; 3-year experience adds an advantage.
- Demonstrates the ability to pay close attention to details.
- Teamwork and standalone work are required.
- Analytical skills and risk-anticipation ability.
- Good knowledge of banking and financial institution laws, company laws, and other relevant laws.
- Good oral and written communication skills in Khmer and English.
- Ability to interact effectively and collaboratively both internally and externally.
- Honesty, reliability, and a commitment to strict confidentiality;
- Self-motivated and committed to self-improvement.